For anyone interested in learning or teaching Chair Yoga classes. Including Certified Yoga Teachers, Teachers in Training, Health Care Professionals and Yoga Practitioners looking to expand their practice. You do not need to be a Yoga Teacher to become a Foundations of Chair Yoga Certified Teacher. We do request a minimum of 20 hours yoga experience.
In this program, Tracey will add a new dimension to your teaching and/or caregiving. The teacher certification will provide you with a firm foundation for teaching The Foundations of Chair Yoga.
- Sun salutation
- Moon salutation
- Warrior series
- Classical balance postures
- The contra-indications of each chair asana
In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the chair asanas for:
- Double chair yoga (each student uses two chairs)
- Partner chair yoga (two students—each on their own chair, working together as partners)
- Weighted chair yoga (each student employs appropriate weights for chair yoga)
Tracey will also cover additional Eastern disciplines and modalities, as part of the program. Some examples include…
- Matrika Shakti – Power of the Word
- Hand movements for arthritis relief
- Acupressure knee strengthening exercises
- Various breathing techniques for meditation, relaxation, and asanas
- The seven Chakras and their meanings, colors, sounds, and affirmations
- The 5 Yamas and 5 Niyamas
- Do-In Chinese Self Massage and Foot Reflexology
- Basic nutrition to honor our body temple
You will receive access to an online manual (which you are welcome to download and print) and at the completion of the course, a certificate stating you have completed The Foundations of Chair Yoga and are a registered Chair Yoga Teacher with Ageless Arts Yoga. This course qualifies for Yoga Alliance continuing education units as well. You may also be interested in completing Chair Yoga Therapeutics: Balance & Support. Click here for more information.
Early Bird: $450+HST (April 15, 2018)
Location: 894 South Street, Warsaw, Ontario
(20 minutes East of Peterborough)
Dates: May 4-6, 2018
Fri: 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am to 5 pm
Sun: 9:00 am to 5 pm
Accommodations available: links to be provided
Lunches: links to be provided
Tracey Eccleston has been proudly teaching and practising yoga for over a decade. When she’s not working as the Owner & Director of Ageless Arts Yoga or teaching The Foundations of Chair Yoga & Therapeutic Balance & Support, she tours throughout Canada, the United States and the Caribbean teaching.
Tracey started training to become a yoga teacher at… learn more